Monday, December 27, 2004
The War
It is funny that the Neverending Laundry War came up today on the Mommy Matters blog. I have surrendered... held up the flag... bowed down to the machine and said, "you win- in this room, you are god". I simply cannot catch up.
My husband (Jerry) wears layers and layers of clothes. He never knows if he will be working inside or out. He takes them off in one full sweep, so that all layers are still together laying in a pile (inside out of course). Socks (two pairs), thermals, underwear, jeans... all needing to be separated- glued together by hard working sweat!
My kids seem to think I don't have enough laundry because I frequently find folded clothes (sometimes with tags) in the dirty laundry. And socks- forget it. I find socks I am about to wash that have holes in them bigger than my fist. Am I really expected to wash these? THROW THEM AWAY!
My machine is never... NEVER... empty. Jerry will come home and want to throw something in from work- "Is the washer empty?" My reply, "Are you new?"
I do keep going back to fight the war. I feel I have to for all the moms out there. Let's divide and conquer- one day we will all be able to say- "I am done"... then 5 minutes later we will have to start all over again.

# posted by Lonna : 8:50 AM