Wednesday, January 12, 2005
The big "D"
In the past few years I have been struggling with depression. For me, it is like a big hole I am trying to get out of. Sometimes it rains and the dirt in the hole gets muddy and my feet get stuck. It dries out and then I am left with a big pile of dirt that I need to dig out of. Sometimes I can reach the shovel and other times I could use someone to hand it to me. There are many times I want someone to pick up the damn shovel and dig me out, but I am realizing I have to do it myself.
The dirt is made up of lots of different things... slowly I can sift through it and get rid of the parts that don't allow me to grow. Many things are the fertilizer: family, friends, my "job", volunteer work, and medication. And now I can add this blog to the mix. It has already helped me explore myself and feel more comfortable sharing how I feel. It has also allowed those close to me to know my feelings.
Sometimes I wish that the hole will be replaced by flat land and beautiful purple flowers. Other times I am glad there is a hole because I get bored... I'll just plant the flowers around it.
Thanks for inspiring me Christine...



# posted by Lonna : 10:59 AM