Friday, February 18, 2005
The DO NOT CLEAN list
Just before the holidays my wonderful cleaning lady quit. She moved on to bigger and better things... finishing up nursing school. Since then I have been on the hunt. I absolutely suck at house cleaning... day to day picking up, dusting, sweeping are not a problem. My house is clean on the surface - but the toilet cleaning, shower scrubbing, floor mopping... well, I am a bit challenged. Before everyone thinks I am a brat... I'm not. It is just something I really appreciate help with. My mother sucks at cleaning... so do my sisters. Maybe there is a deficient gene. Anyway, since she left, I have tried 2 services. One totally blew me off and the other did not show because of the weather. That would normally be a good excuse, but it was foggy and she called 15 minutes after she was supposed to arrive. Then I found someone who cleaned on the side. She was OK, but made excuses about everything. I am not picky... anyone can clean better than me, but the little things were not getting done. Now I am using someone my neighbor recommended. So far, so good. If I could only find someone to do all my cooking! I wish!

# posted by Lonna : 1:42 PM