Friday, February 25, 2005
It's all my mothers fault
You may have to read this first to understand.
The other night we went out to dinner with my parents and my sister, T. My mom asked T and I if we saw the newspaper. She was very excited that my sister, J, (the new States Attorney for Champaign County) was quoted. T and I rolled our eyes and did the Marcia, Marcia, Marcia chant. Then I told my mom the I was quoted in EPregnancy magazine. (An article written by Toni, a fabuloso writer... and a great friend.) T is pregnant, so I had to get something worthwhile in the conversation. When I got home I faxed my mother a copy... next day, nothing. Next day, nothing. Today she called... "got the fax, sorry it got mixed up in a bunch of papers.""I'd put it on the fridge, but there isn't enough room" I know she was talking about the front of her fridge covered with stuff the grandkids made, but I couldn't resist...
Me: "Sure, when J was running, there was plenty of room for magnets saying JR for States Attorney""That will go next to the 'mother of the year' story of when you told me to clean up my own barf" (She did)
My mother: "You got over that"
Me: "Sure, with a lot of therapy and good drugs"
My mother: "Yea I know... its all my fault"
I know my parents are proud of all of us, but it is fun messing with them. This will give me pleasure for awhile.

# posted by Lonna : 5:01 PM