Thursday, March 24, 2005
Back to school
Haven't blogged because my mind is filled with words like uterus, pelvis, positioning, episiotomy, transition, contraction, membranes and my favorite... Kegel. You just did one, didn't you!

I am working on my Childbirth Education Certification. Every spare, ha, moment I am reading a few pages, answering a few pre-test questions and watching videos. Trying to get as much in before tomorrow because I know that when the kiddos are home for break I will be distracted.

I met a woman who opened a "store" called Maternal Wellborn. She mainly rents breast pumps and is a referral for breastfeeding women. She has information about classes, Doulas, midwives... pretty much anything childbirth related. As we were chatting, she generously offered her space for me to teach classes. That put me back on track... I was not thrilled about teaching a hospital based class and it would be too stressful to get everyone out of my house to teach here. Renting a room at a healthclub or center is costly and I would like to keep my classes semi-private. Maybe 3 or 4 couples at the most. I am excited to get done.
Back to the books!

# posted by Lonna : 8:06 AM