Friday, March 11, 2005
Full circle
Do you remember your elementary school Fun Fair? I do. My favorite game was where you throw a ping-pong ball and try to get it into one of the goldfish bowls. If it went in, you win a fish... an actual live fish. In a twist tied bag. (Now the kids get a coupon for a fish) As they were handing the fish out to the child, all parents were probably thinking, "Great, just great". I came home with fish almost every year. Those poor fish that would live a very short life. As a child going to the Fun Fair, I never even thought of how those games got there, who was working at the games, how much it costs, who cleaned it all up, etc. Who would? I just went, spent my parents money and came home all happy with a new fish. I probably figured there was a Fun Fair God and she, yes she, took care of it all. Well, I am now learning that I was very wrong. The moms did it... all of it. This year, I have been handed the baton... actually the filing cabinet, filled with years of FunFair flyers, contacts, signs, rules, games and much, much more. I am having fun doing it but OH MY this is a lot of work. I have been involved in the past, but haven't been the organizer before. To all the people before me who have done this, I bow down to you. To all the kids who will enjoy it... there is no Fun Fair God. Your parents do it... all of it!

# posted by Lonna : 1:43 PM