Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Ms. Independent
I have always been a take charge kind of person... do it yourselfer...My parents raised us to be very independent. For the most part both my sisters have turned out that way too. I remember my mother telling me how I used to put myself on time-outs as a toddler. I needed my space. I am not sure if that is part of being first born or maybe that there were ALWAYS cousins, friends, kids, relatives around. One time (at band camp) I applied for a summer job doing security at an outdoor concert hall. When I went to the interview, I saw a letter my dad had written attached to my application. He was in the biz, so he thought he was helping. I was furious because I wanted to get the job on my own. I got it, but I did not take it. Even today, I love to run things... be in charge. Sometimes that works against me, but I am usually proud of the end result. Jerry and I joke about the fact that when we go to a restaurant and he will ask if I want to try whatever he has. I will say no, but then pick at it anyway. Is that part of independence or just being stubborn?!? Wait, don't answer that.

# posted by Lonna : 11:31 AM