Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Back on the Blog
A memory...
As some of you know, I grew up in the record business. My dad and uncle owned a local record store chain and promoted concerts. I have met a lot of people. My first concert was Shawn Cassidy. My first memory of meeting a singer was Leif Garrett. He was at one of our stores signing autographs. It ended badly. Many people were crushed... there were ambulances, police. I can see him being rushed out the back door surrounded by large men in yellow jackets. Right now, at this very moment, my son is blasting AC/DC... I have seen them too. I think about this past life a lot. Sometimes I miss it, sometimes I wish it never existed. High School was hard. Not knowing if you had friends because of who you were... inside... or if it was the concert tickets and records. I was cool because of my dad.
There are few stars who I am awestruck over. My favorite part of growing up in that world was bringing friends to see someone they admired. To me, it was routine. To them, it was a moment they would remember forever. It never went to my head, still doesn't. Friends now think it is cool when I they find out... It is cool, it was cool. I wonder what my kids will think is cool about their childhood. What stories they will tell their kids. What memories they will have. I like digging in the past. Not all memories are good, but they are all worth remembering... even the painful ones.

# posted by Lonna : 7:31 PM