Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Ready, set, go (back to school)
Ok, summer vacation can be over now... kids can go back to school. Too many in and out, who is where and doing what, can I have a snack, I'm bored, friends over, need money for this and that... holy crap. August will go by quick- we have a lot of weekend stuff... if I can just make it until then without loosing what little is left of my mind, I should be OK.
It is time to start thinking about buying school supplies and getting PTO stuff rolling. Keeps me focused on the prize... days alone, freedom again. Peace and quiet for a few hours.

I went to the Danskin Race this past weekend to "support" my friend. "Support" because I was too chicken to do it. She did awesome... kicked ass on the bike. Swim, bike, run. More than 4000 women registered for this race... it was very cool. I still have no desire to do one but it did get me motivated to get my ass moving again. I actually went to the healthclub this morning.
I only got pictures of the swim because "L" forgot her helmet and I had to run to get it just as she was getting in the water... and it was about 10 miles (OK, maybe 2)(uphill... with bad shoes and uh, 50 lbs in a backpack. yea, that's it). I actually did have a small cooler and my camera bag, which I dumped at a booth on the way so I could go faster. See, "support" isn't that easy sometimes!

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa




# posted by Lonna : 3:06 PM