Thursday, August 18, 2005
Just me and my cat
It is very quiet in my house. All are gone. It is guys week in the Dells and I have been left with just the cat. The counters have stayed clean, the laundry is done, the TV has not been turned on so that neighbors down the block can hear it. No bikes to trip over, no toys to step on. I can pee with the door open, eat where and when I want and come and go with no ohter schedules to attend to. There are not ten million kids coming and going... and eating all my food. The phone is not ringing every minute and when it does, it's actually for me.

This is not something I wish for all the time, but it is sure nice to have a taste of. I miss my kids and my husband, but a break was definately needed. In my own house, with my own stuff... alone.

# posted by Lonna : 9:13 AM