Thursday, August 11, 2005
Who am I?
Jen asked her readers, "Who are you?"

I am a mom of 4 boys, all of whom came from the same genes but are very different. They are wonderful, cute and independent... they make me laugh and cry... one still cuddles, one does not, one is goofy, one is serious. They all look alike on the outside, but are not at all alike on the inside.

I am a friend... I am a great friend. Sometimes this is hard for me because I don't prioritize this area of my life very well. Notice I started with mom, then went to friend. My friends get a lot of me... sometimes too much. My mother said I always "fed the hungry", and she did not mean with food. With support, with time, with trust. It's not a bad thing, it just takes the "food" away from myself and my family. I am learning... I am trying.

I am a wife to a husband who I truly believes loves me with everything he has. No matter what scraps I may throw him. We have known eachother since the age of 13. More than half out lives.

I am a daughter and a sister. Family is important. Togetherness is important. Spending time is important.

I am a Doula. Supporting women through what can be the most terrifying time of their lives. Seeing the crowning of a babies head, watching the shoulder ease its way out, and then the rest of the body... the little tush... my favorite part. Hearing the first cries... makes me want to have another. But no, that chapter is closed.

I am a do-er. I like to do it myself, my way. I stress. It think. I prioritize. I manage. I volunteer.

I am me. Mostly I am not sure who that is. Mostly because it changes. Mostly because as my kids grow from newborns to teens my roles change. My feelings change. My life changes. My interests change. Sometimes I am funny... mostly I am serious. Tears do not come easily to me even when I am sad. Hugs are precious from me, because I do not show affection easily. People think I am forward, but I keep a lot bottled inside. I like to observe and take in. It takes a lot for me to be on the dance floor... if you see it, you are seeing a rare moment.

Seems like a simple question, "Who are you?"... But not so simple. I challenge you to answer the question... TAG, You're it!

# posted by Lonna : 10:21 AM