Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Holding on to Hope
I had a friend, a good friend, a best friend. A friend who I knew since childhood. A friend who I went to camp with, had sleepovers with, drank peppermint Schnapps with. This friends family was my family and mine was hers. Things changed. Without my approval, without my knowledge. In her defense, she was sick. I was there every step of the way until I was not welcome anymore. By her, by her husband, by her family... not sure. This great friend shut me out by choice, by illness. I have continuously kept communication open, holding onto something. Holding onto the past, the memories, the future. Hurt, wounded, betrayed but hopeful. Out of nowhere I get a picture... the first one in 8 years. Then comes an instant message, "hi Lon". Followed by an actual conversation. I am not sure how I feel, confused, scarred, happy. I am not sure what happens next. Do I wait, do I call, do I email? Do I bring up the hurt or do I leave it alone?
Anyone?

# posted by Lonna : 11:16 AM