Thursday, October 27, 2005
Goal check
I remember a long time ago sitting at a table. I think I was at a seminar or meeting. The instructor told us to write down 20 or so goals we have... you know, things to do before I die. One in which immediately popped into my head was to see a baby being born. Not mine, but someone else's. For some reason today, I remembered specifically that moment of writing that down. Obviously, I have done that... check that off the list. Not once, not twice... but 40 times. I counted. I have seen 40 little heads pop into this world, 40 hands waving "hello", 40 little bodies wrapped up like a burrito, 40 wonderous pairs of eyes staring at mom, 40 first cries, 40 tiny tushes, 40 moms saying "so you're the one who has been kicking me", 40 babies hearing their name for the first time. 40 times I have shared a life altering moment, a gift from God, a wonder of wonders, a precious miracle.
My new goal... 40 more.

# posted by Lonna : 11:08 AM