Monday, November 07, 2005
Had a nice day!

The concert was awesome! These old(er) guys can still rock. In tight pants, I might add.

The whole night was a run of good luck. We left not knowing if we for sure had tickets, how much they were and where we would be sitting. For all we knew, we were going to pay $200 for nose bleed seats. We were pretty sure that wasn't going to happen. Anyway, on the way we got the phone call to go to Gate 8 and ask for "Bob" (that wasn't his name, but I can imagine everyone going to Gate 8 at the next BonJovi concert asking for this guy... I'd be in big trouble). We pull into the lot and parking was $20. To park your freakin car. We started joking with the parking guy and asked him where we could get a quick bite since we were a little early. He said the name of a sports bar, KFC and Church's... we opted for the bar. As we were walking away I asked if he wanted us to bring him back a bucket of chicken. Get to the bar and there is a free buffet of assorted wings... bbque, Parmesan, spicy. Bought a couple of drinks, munched on free wings... stole some foil and brought the parking guy a snack. He was like no way, and we were like yes way. (He was a youngin) My partner in crime, KM, said, "So, we get 1/2 our parking money back, right". He gave us the whole $20. Pays to be nice... or steal wings off a buffet- which ever way you want to look at it.
We get to Gate 8... ask for "Bob" and get our tickets. Price on the tickets... $0.00. At that point, I did not care if we sat behind the stage. But we didn't. Straight back... 1st level... just over all the people on the main floor. OK, so we couldn't see the sweat drops dripping all Jon Bon's face, but with all the screens, they were awesome seats. And free.
The only thing I am pissed about is that I did not bring my camera in. All the concerts I had been to before, I would have to smuggle it in. I did not feel like getting caught and having to go back to the car. Apparently, now cameras are allowed. SHIT. And once you are in the stadium, you can't leave because your ticket was scanned. I could have made up an excuse, like I had a migraine and needed my meds or something, but I did not want to risk it.
After the concert we got right out of the lot... no waiting, no traffic.
Recap... free wings, free parking, free tickets... and Jon BonJovi in tight pants. What an evening for two desperate housewives!

# posted by Lonna : 2:49 PM