Thursday, January 05, 2006
Catching up with Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about Lonna
  1. The holidays went well, but I am so glad it's over. Kids are back in school, my house is quiet and I can breathe. I love shopping, but by December 25th I would do just about anything else than step one foot in a store. Luckly this year, there weren't too many returns to do.
  2. Since Hanukkah fell on Christmas day this year and the following Sunday was New Years, my family has not done our annual brunch. We are getting together this Sunday to exchange belated gifts. The good thing is that I had an extra week and most of the things are on sale! Bad thing... that means more shopping!
  3. Our annual New Years Day Open House was a success. The house was packed, lots of food was eaten and the kids played. It is nice to see neighbors in the winter that we would normally just see outside. Toni and her family made it... no illnesses this year.
  4. My hubby made a consultation appointment for the big V. That was on my wish list. We will see if he goes through with it... baby steps. I also got a Roomba. That may sound cool, but a few years ago he got me a vacuum cleaner, and to me this falls into the same lame holiday gift category. Plus it is loud and takes too much time to do a room.
  5. We totally surprised my 15 yr old with a guitar he wanted. It was his only gift and my parents pitched in... I had told him there was no way he was getting it when he asked, so he was shocked.
  6. I need to start working out again. I have lost 12 lbs and am contributing it to going off Zoloft. I have done nothing and have been eating crap. Not complaining... but it is time to tome up. Plus I am paying for a club membership I never use.
  7. No clients right now. I just got a call from someone due in February. It is so nice not to be on call... but I need to jump back in the game or I will get too used to it.
  8. I FINISHED my exam for Childbirth Education certification yesterday. All needs to be in the mail by the 20th of this month. I still need to tape myself teaching a two hour class, but I am hoping to squeeze that in somewhere. If not, at least everything else is complete and I can get this off my list.
  9. No New Years Resolutions for me. Just going to keep doing what I am doing and try to do it a little better.
  10. Has everyone else gotten a million emails with... What I've learned and I believe and I'll continue and blah blah blah. Some of them are great inspirations and some are just mush.
  11. Is anyone still reading?
  12. Did I mention how quiet it is in my house now that my kids are back in school?
  13. Happy 2006 everyone!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



# posted by Lonna : 10:35 AM